2.15 – 2.30 pm Prof. Dr Kamarudin Jaalam
Introduction of all Malaysian delegates to USM – KLE faculty.
2.30- 5.00 pm Prof. Dr. Shaiful Bahari Ismail
Updates on medical program and planning
Detailed discussion on mission and vision of PPSP USM –KK AND USM-KLE IMP Belgaum.
History of PPSP USM –KK AND USM-KLE IMP. Belgaum.
Journey since 2010.
9.00am -12.30 pm Dr. Zul Izhar
Journey so far about the new curriculum and academic structure for the year 2014-15 and 2015-16.
Timing of the semester examinations
Logistic problems – exam unit/ academic office
Phase I committee
Course co-ordinators - maintained
Examination committee – SAMS ( SMS Assessment Management System ) recommended
Certified vetters by SMS
Renaming course committee members
Course time table
Change the sequence of the courses in semester II.
GMT 107 ------> 108 -----> 109 ------> 106
To add one week of ‘induction week’ before the start of GMT 101
- Content of the courses need to be updated
- PBL - problem based learning
- e-learning Should be fully utilized by the students and encourage lecturers to assess e- learning.
- Formative assessment To be conducted in every course.
- Phase I assessment
2.30-3.30pm Dr Zahiruddin
- Co-ordinator of PPIP/CFCS
- Discussed in detail about PPIP/CFCS program.
3.30-4.30 pm Dr Nor Azwany
Theory on medical ethics
- Problem based enhancement of theory and MERCI approach
Inclusion into the ethics course GMT 103 hospital attachment and community placement.
- Phase I : ethics in PBL
Ethical concern about : holistic approach, empathy, aware of patient refusal and its concern and confidentiality.
- Phase II : informed consent, disclosure, braking of the bad news, decision making
- MERCI approach
M: Medical issue
E : Empathy
R : Right & Respect
C : Communication
I : Insight
- EBM ( Evidence Based Medicine) as the part of medical ethics – formulate and apply in medical practice.
- Phase –II implementation option
Problem solving learning (PSL)
Student support system in PPSP
Advisory system - group mentor
Role of mentor
Expectation from phase I group mentors
- Student Medical And Academic Response Team ( SMART)
4.30-5.00 pm Dr Mohd. Saiful Bahari Yusoff
- Basics of assessment
- Principle of assessment
- Instrument of assessment
- Status of assessment
- Expert judgement
- 3 goals : Motivation
Incompetent graduates will be threat
Choosing the applicants for advanced training
9.00 am to 12.00 noon Dr Mohd. Saiful Bahari Yusoff
- Pattern of questions in various examinations
- Detailing on SBQ, SEQ, MCQ , SBA and EMQ
- Level of the knowledge in under graduate students should be kept in mind while forming and vetting questions.
- Clarity of the stem in MCQ and EMQ to be well maintained.