Advertisements calling for applications will be placed in newspapers and USM website. Application can ONLY be made through Online Application via the URLhttps://pohon.usm.my/india.
- Application can be done by purchasing of the USM-KLE PIN number at any Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) branch to access the USM application form
- USM PIN number can also be purchased through counter or Auto-Teller Machines (ATMs).
- Cash Deposit Machines / Internet Banking (for GIRO account holders only).
- Payment of RM60.00 (Malaysian Citizens) is required for the purchase of the USM-KLE PIN number as processing fee.
- For Non-Malaysian Citizens, a processing fee of USD30.00 or MYR 100.00 is applicable for every application submitted. Payment can be made using the following mode :
Cheque or Money Order (Payable to ‘Bendahari, Universiti Sains Malaysia’)
Cash at the USM Bursary Counter.
- Applicants must register with the University Online Application USM-KLE@USM system before accessing the Application Form. Applicants are required to indicate their citizenship; Malaysian or Non-Malaysian. For Malaysian Citizens, applicants are required to register using their MyKad Number and their USM-KLE PIN number. For Non-Malaysian, the system will automatically generate a reference number which will be displayed on the screen.
- All completed online Application Form must be PRINTED and SEND with a certified copy of the following documents :
a. MyKad / Identity Card
b. Birth Certificate
c. Academic Certificates [SPM / STPM / Matriculation / Diploma / IB / A Level / AUSMAT /SAM] (please attach full transcripts)
For Non-Malaysian citizen should send the Official certificates, transcripts, mark sheets or school reports from each secondary school or college attended. Photocopies of these documents must be certified as true copies by relevant authority in your country ex: school principal, officers of the education ministry etc. - Translated Copy of Certificates: For certificates that are issued in other than English or Malay Language [Bahasa Malaysia], authorised English or Malay Language translations must accompany the official documents in their original language.
Please take note that the transcripts must show the name and address of the institution, the date the students entered and left, the system of grading used, indicating the highest and lowest passing mark, period of time and subject studied title of each subject and final grade or mark attained in each of the subjects.
d. Co-curricular certificates or activities
e. Acknowledgement certificates from the Malaysia Qualification Agency – MQA for accreditation purposes (if any)
f. First page passport (for Non-Malaysian Citizens only)
g. Health report (for Non-Malaysian Citizens only)
h. One passport-sized photograph (for Non-Malaysian Citizens only)
- Candidates MUST print and send the completed Application Form and all relevant documents to the address below :
Student Admissions Section
Academic Management Division
Registry, Level 2, Chancellory
Universiti Sains Malaysia
11800 USM, Penang
APPLICATION DATELINE: APRIL YEARLY
COMMENCEMENT OF ACADEMIC YEAR: JULY YEARLY